RMS is the #1 Pick of Canadian Winners. Trusted Since 1998.

Eligibility for Gaming Tax Refund

Eligibility for Gaming Tax Refund

You’ve won big at a casino in the U.S., but you may find yourself wondering just how much of your winnings you’ll be able to bring home after taxes are deducted. At Refund Management Services, we want you to know what your gaming refund eligibility is for up to three years after you win!

After Canadians and other non-U.S. residents win in the U.S., many are surprised to find out there is a withholding tax of 30% on their winnings. The IRS treats these winnings from gambling as taxable income, so you may find yourself coming home with considerably less than you had hoped.

However, thanks to the tax treaty between Canada and the U.S. and some new changes to the laws in other non-U.S. countries, you can now offset your winnings. At Refund Management Services, we provide our clients with a way to determine their gaming refund eligibility and obtain a full or partial refund for them. We have an intimate knowledge of the sometimes-complicated IRS requirements for a tax refund.

It’s little wonder we are the top choice for individuals such as yourself who have been subjected to the 30% withholding tax and are Canadians and other non-U.S. residents looking to determine their gaming refund eligibility so you can take home all of your winnings! For more than 16 years, we at Refund Management Services have obtained most of Canadians’ and other non-U.S. residents’ casino winnings in the U.S.!

There are a few tips you should keep in mind if you’re wondering about your gaming refund eligibility and hoping to recover as much as possible. As the top name in obtaining partial or complete gaming tax refunds for winners such as yourself, we suggest observing the list below.

Points to Remember for a Gaming Tax Refund

If you’re planning a trip to Las Vegas, Reno, Atlantic City, or any of the other gaming hubs in the U.S., there are several criteria for gaming refund eligibility:

  • You must be a non-U.S. citizen at the time of your winnings and have proof that you are not a resident of the U.S.
  • If your winnings were withheld by a casino or other gaming facility in the U.S., you can receive gaming refund eligibility.
  • In order to qualify for a gaming refund, you must make your claim within three years of winning.
  • When gambling in the U.S., the casino or gaming establishment automatically provides a 1042-S IRS slip upon winning; if lost, Refund Management Services can acquire another for you.
  • If you’re a Canadian or other non-U.S. resident and have losses at a casino or gaming facility in the U.S., you can deduct these losses from your winnings.

Contact Refund Management Services today for more information on how to retain most of your U.S. gaming winnings!

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top